Creating Healthier Places
St. Luke’s Hospital
Year Committed: 2013
Length of Commitment: 3 years
To move healthcare institutions toward delivering nutritious options to meet the needs of children and families they serve, committing hospitals will engage in nine domains of activities:
- Fruit and Vegetable Procurement-increasing purchasing of fruits and vegetables,
- Food Marketing-displaying only health-promoting foods in advertising and pictorials,
- Healthy Checkout-offering only healthier food options near cash register stations,
- Child Wellness Meals-offering to patients and guests a child wellness meal that meets specific nutrient, food and affordability profiles,
- Adult Wellness Meals-offering to patients, guests and staff adult wellness meals that meet specific nutrient, food and affordability profiles,
- Overall Cafeteria/Menu Offerings-increasing the percentage of healthy entrees and side dishes,
- Nutrition Labeling-labeling all foods with calories per serving,
- Healthy Beverage Procurement-increasing purchase of healthier beverages and
- Food Preparation-removing all fryers and deep fat fried products.
No statement provided.