What information do we collect?
Information You Provide – We, our service providers, and/or organizations partnering with PHA collect any information that you provide when you use the Online Services, including when you create an account; enter a contest, sweepstakes, or promotion; participate in our bulletin boards or forums; register for events; sign up to receive our electronic newsletters; or otherwise contact us with a question, comment, or request.
The information that you provide us can include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, email address, postal address, date of birth, and information you provide when you contact us.
Information Automatically Collected From You – We and our service providers may automatically collect certain technical information from your computer or mobile device when you use the Online Services, such as your Internet service provider, your Internet Protocol address, your browser type, your operating system, the pages you view on the Online Services, the pages you view immediately before and after you access the Online Services, and the search terms you enter on the Online Services. This information allows us to improve the Online Services and to recognize you and personalize your experience if you return to the Online Services. We and our service providers may collect this information using “cookies,” which are small text files that many websites save on your computer when you visit and access when you return, or similar technologies.
How do we use this information?
We and our affiliates may use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
- providing you with services or information you request;
- facilitating your participation in various PHA services as specified on the Online Services, or as otherwise specified at the time you provide your information;
- validating users of the Online Services;
- providing you with information about the Online Services or required notices;
- delivering marketing communications, promotional materials, or advertisements related to PHA, the services that PHA provides, or our sponsors’ or partners’ products or services;
- allowing us to improve the Online Services and the services we provide, such as by better tailoring our content to our users’ needs and preferences;
- generating and analyzing statistics about your use of the Online Services; and
We also may combine or aggregate any of the information we collect through the Online Services or elsewhere for any of these purposes.
Under what circumstances do we disclose this information?
We may disclose the information we collect from you through the Online Services:
- to our affiliates;
- to service providers who work on our behalf and who have agreed to use the information solely to carry out the services that they are performing for us, including, but not limited to, outside contractors, auditors, consultants, and other third parties who provide financial or operational activities on PHA’s behalf;
- to our sponsors or other organizations that work with us for the provision of co-branded communications about PHA and our sponsors’ products or services (but we do not share information with our sponsors or other organizations for their own independent marketing activities);
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, a court order, a current judicial proceeding, or government reporting obligations;
- to service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or in the event PHA goes through bankruptcy.
In addition, we may share de-identified information, such as reports on user demographics and traffic patterns, with third parties.
Web logs and other forums
The Online Services may offer web logs, web postings, bulletin boards, chat rooms, newsgroups, or other forums which permit users to interact online. Any information you transmit online in such forums will be made public and PHA cannot control nor is it responsible for the use any third party may make of such information.
How is your information secured?
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information collected by the Online Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Online Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
From time to time, PHA may send you e-mail notifications, and may mail or call you to provide you with information concerning updates or enhancements to our services, account issues, or service- related announcements. Generally, you may not opt out of these communications. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option of deactivating your account.
You may review, request that we correct or delete, or refuse to permit us to further collect or use information PHA collects from you by contacting us using the contact information below.
The parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review, request that we correct or delete, or refuse to permit us to further collect or use personal information PHA collects from their child. The parent or legal guardian may do so by contacting us using the contact information below.
Partnership for a Healthier America, Inc. 2001 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Suite 900 Washington, DC 20006 Attention: Chief Executive Officer 202-842-9001 firstname.lastname@example.org