Morehouse School of Medicine
2018 Progress Report
Committed to meet 23 guidelines—developed by PHA in collaboration with some of the nation’s leading nutrition, physical activity and campus wellness experts—around nutrition, physical activity, and programming on campus.
“Morehouse School of Medicine joined the Healthier Campus Initiative in 2018. The key activity that we’ve participated in is Healthy Campus Week. We engaged the campus community by hosting the following activities:
- 5 minute Instant Recess Activity Break during our quarterly all-hands on deck meeting for Satcher Health Leadership Institute (SHLI).
- 5-minute Instant Recess Break for the MPH program and National Center for Primary Care (NCPC) faculty/staff/students.
- Symposium in the main lobby of our administrative building in partnership with Forward Food.
- Instant Recess break during their lunch hour, and we invited campus at large to participate! We had about 80 people show up!
- Bi-weekly fitness class offering
- FNV campaign on several campus social media channels and encouraged students/faculty/staff to post accordingly
"Morehouse School of Medicine looks forward to continuing to provide healthy resources to our campus through the partnership with PHA.”