President Bill Clinton & Former First Lady Michelle Obama to Participate in the 2017 Partnership for a Healthier America Summit, May 10-12 in Washington, D.C.
President Clinton will deliver remarks on May 11th and Mrs. Obama will participate in a moderated conversation on May 12th.
WHAT: The Partnership for a Healthier America’s seventh annual summit will convene some of the nation’s most influential leaders in the fight to end childhood obesity. The summit provides a unique opportunity for business and industry leaders to sit at the table with their nonprofit, academic and government counterparts to address major considerations for the health of our nation’s youth. This year’s summit will address the negative health impacts of childhood adversity, the role of entrepreneurs in shaping the future of food, as well as:
- The link between access to food and health;
- The role of accessible parks and recreational facilities in fostering healthy lifestyles;
- Unique public-private partnerships working to address diabetes in urban settings;
- Building a culture of wellness and the health, emotional and academic benefits that
- come from teaching a child to cook;
- Barriers to physical activity for girls of color;
- Changing the school food environment;
- Industry solutions to reducing sugar consumption; and
- The latest science behind new, emerging pathways to health.
WHEN: MAY 10-12, 2017
WHERE: Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel (999 9th St NW, Washington, D.C. 20001)
CONFERENCE SPEAKERS INCLUDE (*additional speakers to be announced):
- Bill Clinton, Founder of the Clinton Foundation & 42nd President of the United States
- Michelle Obama, Former First Lady of the United States
- Cindy Crawford, entrepreneur, supermodel
- Gabrielle Union, actor and entrepreneur
- Rocco DiSpirito, Celebrity Chef
- Neil Grimmer, Founder & CEO, Habit Inc.
- Bob Simpson, Vice President, Affordable Housing, Fannie Mae
- Dr. Nadine Burke Harris, Founder & CEO, Center for Youth Wellness
- Daniel J. Houston, Chairman, President and CEO, Principal Financial Group
- Kevin Washington, President and CEO, YMCA
- Jenna Wolfe, Talk Show Host
MEDIA REGISTRATION: Credentialed reporters interested in covering the Summit may register here: http://ahealthieramerica.org/summit/press (closes May 1, 2017)
- Find the full Summit agenda on the Partnership for a Healthier America’s website.
- For more information about PHA, please visit www.aHealthierAmerica.org and follow PHA on Twitter @PHAnews.
Media Contact: Sutton Resler, email@example.com; (571) 236-4966