Get Ready for #PHABack2School 2016
The pools have closed and bathing suits put away, and now it’s time to trade beach towels for backpacks. It also means it’s time to think about packing lunches for the kiddos, snacks and meals for your busy family, sports and travel!
As the new school year begins, busy parents have a lot to juggle to keep everyone happy and healthy.
That’s why we’ve been working hard with our PHA partners on a Back to School campaign that highlights the organizations that have made a commitment to our mission. Each week of the campaign has a theme to help make the healthy choice the easy choice for busy parents and families.
From meal planning to physical fitness, we’re here to help you and your family have your healthiest school year yet.
The weekly themes are:
- August 15-19: Pre-season sports and college travel.
- August 22-26: Healthy kids do better in school.
- August 29-September 2: Family travel (leading up to the Labor Day holiday).
- September 5-9: Shopping and meal planning; lunchbox ready.
- September 12-16: Snacks and meals on the go; healthy choices when you’re busy.
- September 19-23: Healthy Campus Week featuring health and fitness on college campuses.
- September 26-30: Let’s Move! Active Schools – highlighting Active Schools that incorporate physical activity before, during and after school.
And to help you get even more back to school ready, we have been having weekly giveaways from some of our PHA partners (including a Love to Learn Elmo, Nalgene Lunch Buddy Boxes, Base Camp duffels from The North Face, and even LearnFit OR WorkFit sit-stand desks from Ergotron). Check back every week for more amazing prizes!
The weekly giveaways will be held every Tuesday, beginning the week of August 15 and running through Friday, September 30. To enter, include #PHABack2School in a tweet or Facebook post. Winners will be chosen at random.