Recipe: Fruit Sushi
It’s that time of year again where life revolves around alarm clocks, homework, and after-school snacking. If you’ve spent extended time with school-aged children, then you KNOW they are demanding a snack once the school bell rings. Or they are really good at giving you the impression that they are starving and didn’t eat anything at lunch!
This recipe, provided by La Petite Academy for the Learning Care Group and created by registered dietitian Katie Serbinski of Mom to Mom Nutrition, is a good source of protein and has a touch of natural sweetness provided by fresh fruits, and will ensure that your kids are getting the best of both worlds when it comes to snack time (something sweet AND healthy)! Plus, it’s simple enough to whip up for your hungry kiddos after school!
- 1 whole grain tortilla or flatbread
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 medium-sized banana, peeled
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- On one rounded end of the tortilla, layer fruit in rows. Top with nut butter.
- Roll tightly and cut into 6 pinwheel pieces.