Recipe: Chocolate-Covered Banana Pops
Need a refreshing and healthy snack or dessert for end-of-summer celebrations or an after-school treat for the kiddos? We’re bananas for Westin Hotels and Resorts’ Chocolate-Covered Banana Lollipops recipe from their Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa in Cancun, Mexico.
You can even enlist the kids to help prepare this easy frozen treat. They will love dipping bananas in melted chocolate and sprinkling on dried fruit, coconut or nuts. A healthy and fun alternative to regular popsicles, frozen chocolate banana pops are for the kid in all of us!
- ~ 1/3 cup bananas
- ½ oz dark chocolate, tempered
- ~ 1 tsp dried mixed berries
- 1 ¼ tsp dried coconut
- 1 ¼ tsp almonds
- 1 ¼ tsp raisins
- 1 ¼ tsp walnuts
- 1 ¼ tsp dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp avocado
- 1 tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
- ¼ tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup fresh raspberries
- Slice the banana into six pieces and divide them evenly on two sticks.
- Coat the banana slices with previously tempered chocolate.
- Sprinkle dried fruit on two slices, coconut on two slices and chopped nuts on two slices.
- Add a fresh raspberry to the top of each lollipop.
- Serve in a stand to keep the lollipops upright.
- Combine the avocado, yogurt and brown sugar.
- Put the mixture in the blast chiller for 10 minutes, and then blend it in a food processor.
- Serve in a small bowl. Top with chopped nuts.