Recipe: Avocado Toast
What could be better than buttery, ripe avocado smashed onto hearty, crusty bread? Not only does this Avocado Toast recipe from Avocados From Mexico taste incredible, but the combo of healthy fats and fiber is also super satisfying no matter what time of day hunger strikes.
Avocado toast makes a quick and delicious snack and is easy to transform into a meal with the addition of a few toppings and garnishes. It’s the perfect way for busy parents to keep their budding athletes fueled with healthy foods in between sports practice and school. And because this crowd pleaser can be whipped up in mere minutes from start to finish – toast, mash, drizzle – it’s a meal that fits into any schedule. It’s versatile, nutritious and satisfying all at once!
- 1 Avocado From Mexico, halved, pitted and peeled
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large bread slices toasted
- 2 bacon slices cooked and halved
- 2 tomatoes (optional) chopped
- In a bowl, coarsely mash avocado with a fork; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide avocado onto toast and spread to cover; cut each slice in half.
- If using, tuck a piece of bacon into avocado on each toast half or sprinkle tomato over top and serve.