Recipe: Asian Chicken & Rice Lettuce Wraps
Bring exotic flavor to the dinner table! These Asian Chicken and Rice Lettuce Wraps from Uncle Ben’s are packed with flavor, easy to make and a great idea for entertaining or a family-style meal. And since it’s ready in under 30 minutes, it’s a go-to meal for those hectic back-to-school nights.
This is also the perfect dish to enlist the help of your little ones! The kiddos will love helping to stir in all of the ingredients before spooning portions of the rice and meat onto each lettuce leaf. For even more ideas about encouraging kids to participate in mealtime prep, check out Ben’s Beginners for lessons and cooking skills for the entire family.
- 2 cups Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Jasmine
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup Asian stir-fry sauce
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, diced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, separated into individual leaves
- Cook Uncle Ben’s® Ready Rice® Jasmine according to package directions.
- Brown ground chicken in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, about 10 minutes. Drain and return chicken to skillet. Add stir-fry sauce to chicken, along with celery, green onions, grated carrot, and water chestnuts. Stir to combine over low heat until just heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Fill each lettuce leaf with a scoop of jasmine rice and top with a scoop of chicken mixture.