Our Mission is Food Equity
Because everyone in every zip code should be able to find and afford good food.
For one in six Americans, healthy food is too expensive, too far away, or both. But we should all have access to good food - food that is affordable, sustainable, nutritious, high-quality, and culturally connected.
How we can achieve food equity
Our programs focus on the three pillars that ensure a strong foundation for food equity:
- A healthy food supply.
- Access to good food in all communities.
- Empowered communities with the knowledge and skills to select and quickly prepare good food.
How we’re making a difference
PHA is working for a better food future by driving long-term positive change for the communities that need it most. We’re using a data-driven approach to propel food equity forward by innovating good food access, investing in communities, and empowering people.
That’s why we’ve committed to:
- Providing 100 million servings of good food to food-insecure families by 2025.
- Mapping 1,000 new and existing good food access points to help meaningfully shift the food supply available in under-resourced communities across the country.
- Moving conversations around community ownership of food assets and production forward so that our work alongside communities drives long-lasting improvements.
Join the Food Equity Movement
Sign up for our emails to receive the latest updates in the fight for food equity.