The document below is PHA’s Guiding Principles, which are behind each commitment we make. In an effort to maintain transparency and accountability, each potential partner is informed of these principles at the beginning of negotiating its commitment to PHA.
Thank you for your interest in making a commitment to the Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) and joining our national effort to make the healthy choice the easy choice for American families.
PHA partners with the private sector in many ways to support our mission. This includes meaningful commitments for change to make products healthier, commitments to broaden access to healthier options, or commitments to support the community. We also engage with companies to support signature initiatives that build support for healthier options. Meaningful commitments made by our partners are the result of extensive discussion and negotiation between PHA staff and prospective partners.
All partner commitments require:
- Approval by the PHA Board Committee.
- A signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) specifically outlining each commitment element/metric.
- Review of data to verify progress against commitments for change.
- Public reporting of progress in PHA’s annual progress report.
PHA partners receive:
- Promotion and Recognition – This includes partnership announcement, content distribution, social media, case studies, annual progress report, industry awards.
- Networking and Events – This includes partner connections, Building a Healthier Future Summit, PHA visits to companies, exclusive partner events, co-branded events.
- Information and Expertise – This includes working with PHA expert staff and consultants, access to relevant research and media.