Berry Oatmeal Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 cups berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, or diced strawberries)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons granulated sugar (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, stir together the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour in the melted butter and stir until clumps form and the mixture is well combined. Set aside ½ cup of the mixture to use as the topping for later. Press the remaining mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- In another bowl, stir together the berries, cornstarch, lemon juice and granulated sugar. Spread the strawberry mixture evenly on the oatmeal mixture in the pan. Sprinkle the reserved ½ cup oat mixture over the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let cool before slicing into bars. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer.