Job Posting: Manager, Food Assistance Partnerships (2-Year Contract Position, Remote or in-Person)
Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) was founded in 2010 alongside First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move Initiative. Our work is centered on crafting robust partnerships that deliver lasting, systemic changes that improve the food supply and increase physical activity so that all children, especially those disproportionately affected, grow up to be adults free from obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic conditions.
PHA has worked with over 300 partners that commit to making business practice changes in the interest of public health. We are looking to grow and deepen our work in emergency food assistance, which began in 2016. PHA currently partners with over 23 food banks and networked food pantries across the country to implement best practices that center operations around health promotion in order to uplift the well-being of individuals receiving food assistance. Additionally, PHA seeks broader food system partnerships that improve the nutritional profile of food reaching low-income Americans.
Position Description Reporting to the Chief of Staff this two-year contract position will be responsible for recruiting new food assistance partners, managing and seeking opportunities for the existing partnership cohort, and identifying opportunities to enhance PHA’s impact in food assistance.
Specifically, the position will:
- Promote the PHA food assistance partnership program and cultivate a minimum of ten new partnerships annually with food banks and networked food pantries across the country.
- Support the existing food assistance partner cohort by providing as-needed technical support, holding check-ins, and organizing quarterly learning conference calls and an annual in-person pre-meeting at the PHA Healthier Future Summit.
- Build the evidence base to shift practices in food assistance settings by developing case studies or white papers from the information gathered from the PHA food assistance cohort.
- Garner momentum for change by identifying opportunities to present PHA’s work in a variety of settings, including conferences and presentations.
- Support the continued development and adoption of WellSCAN, software that enables instantaneous nutrition ranking using bar codes.
- Monitor partner progress and trends to identify opportunities for program growth and strategies that support sector-level transformation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least two years’ experience in food assistance settings strongly desired.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with senior partner contacts, staff, and prospects.
- Highly developed problem solving skills, can identify and overcome challenges independently.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Passion for PHA’s work transforming food assistance and its mission.
To apply for this position, please send a resume, cover letter and salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Manager - Food Assistance” in the title.
We regret we can only contact selected applicants. PHA offers competitive compensation and benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.