Job Posting: Director of Institutional Funding
The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) is the premier national nonprofit transforming the food supply in pursuit of health equity. Founded in 2010 in coordination with Former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! Initiative, PHA seeks partnerships that have the greatest impact on reducing health disparities and develops evidence-based, scalable approaches that drive equity-focused, systemic changes across entire sectors. Over ten years, we have partnered with more than 250 corporations, convenience store chains, hospitals, early childhood education centers, and SNAP-Ed implementing agencies, among others, in pursuit of our vision that all children grow up healthy and free from obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and other chronic conditions.
PHA is looking for a dynamic, creative, results-oriented individual to build on its recent accomplishments. He or she will have a proven track record of growing organizational capacity through institutional funding and will be adept at institutional strategy formulation, donor cultivation and management, and grant writing.
The position is full-time and remote. Potential candidates should be available during regular PHA’s business hours (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm Eastern Time).
Initial Responsibilities Include:
- Develop annual goals and targets and regularly engage senior leadership on grants strategy, pipeline development, and financial projections.
- Identify and cultivate new funding opportunities that are compatible with PHA’s mission, strategic objectives, and yearly goals.
- Coordinate the development and submission of compelling grant proposals and LOIs working together with program and senior leadership.
- Build and manage ongoing relationships with grantors and oversee reporting for grant deliverables for awarded grants.
- Track grant submissions and donor engagement using PHA’s suite of software.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree
- Knowledge of public health, food systems, and related issues preferred.
- Knowledge or experience successfully cultivating local, state, and regional grant makers, especially in the Western US, preferred.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience successfully drafting and securing grants required.
- Exceptional written and strong oral communication skills with an ability to translate complex ideas into clear, easy-to-understand concepts and powerfully and persuasively illustrate PHA’s business model.
- Exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to plan, coordinate, and prioritize multiple projects autonomously under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable building relationships with people at all levels and readily seeks opportunities for collaboration.
- Intellectual curiosity, a creative, out of the box, forward thinker who thrives in adapting environments.
Please send a resume, cover letter and salary history/requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Director of Institutional Funding” in the subject line.
The Partnership for a Healthier America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PHA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, PHA ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.