Job Posting: Digital Communications Manager
The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) is devoted to working with the private sector to ensure the health of our nation’s youth by helping solve the childhood obesity epidemic within a generation. Founded in 2010 in conjunction with – but independent from – The Former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! Initiative, PHA is a nonpartisan, nonprofit that is led by some of the nation’s most respected health and childhood obesity advocates.
PHA is looking for a Digital Communications Manager to join our team and help us continue to build a healthier food system and culture in America. You’ll be part of PHA’s Communications team, reporting directly to our VP of Marketing and Communications. Due to COVID-19, all PHA positions are currently remote.
Initial Responsibilities include:
- Managing Social Media channels, including launching and managing new campaigns and drafting and scheduling social media content using existing content and messaging guidelines.
- Helping grow and maintain PHA’s digital channels and audiences using best practices and creative campaign ideas.
- Working with internal and external authors to create digital content, including drafting blog posts, e-mails, and other digital content for the site.
- Assisting with events, including PHA’s Annual Summit
- Creating graphics for social media using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator, along with basic design projects, such as brochures and other collateral.
- Supporting media relations work through drafting press releases, coordinating with partners, drafting op-eds and other opinion pieces, and pitching media.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree.
- Ability to operate with independence and creativity, bringing new ideas and thinking to existing communications.
- Ability to work independently, drive progress, share vision, promote innovation, and thrive under ambiguous and dynamic conditions with collegiality and flexibility.
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in some combination of communications, content management, media relations, email programs/campaigns and/or other social media experience.
- Experience managing social media communications on behalf of an organization.
- Experience designing and launching e-mail campaign efforts.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop or InDesign, or other design expertise for social media, along with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in driving successful social media campaigns and fluency in multiple social media platforms.
- Excellent writing and communications skills for multiple audiences, including internal and external audiences, across various digital and social media channels.
- A thorough understanding of the technical aspects of web and digital communications functionality.
Send a resume, cover letter with salary requirements, and examples of social media and/or digital work to email@example.com. Reference “Digital Communications Manager” in the subject line.
The Partnership for a Healthier America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PHA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, PHA ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.