Director, Corporate Partnerships
To transform the food landscape in pursuit of health equity.
Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) is the premier national nonprofit transforming the food supply in pursuit of food and health equity. Founded in 2010 in coordination with Former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! Initiative, PHA seeks partnerships that have the greatest impact on reducing health disparities and develops evidence-based, scalable approaches that drive equity-focused, systemic changes across entire sectors. Over ten years, we have partnered with more than 500 corporations, convenience store chains, hospitals, early childhood education centers, food banks, and SNAP-Ed implementing agencies, among others, in pursuit of our vision that every family, no matter their zip code, has affordable access to good and nutritious food.
Alongside the White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health, we have made a commitment to add 100 million servings of vegetables, fruits, and beans to the marketplace by 2025. We have made significant progress towards that goal, providing 34 million servings to-date through evidence-based programs such as Good Food for All, Healthy Hunger Relief, Pass the Love, and Veggies Early and Often, and far-reaching corporate partnerships throughout the country.
PHA is seeking an experienced, passionate, results-oriented professional to shape and grow the organization’s private sector work. This position will both direct and implement the strategy of our quickly-growing corporate partnerships pipeline across its coalition of Good Food Access Commitment partners, working together with and under the supervision of the Senior Vice President of Development.
The Director, Corporate Partnerships will lead high level negotiations and deals with companies committed to growing, selling and promoting and otherwise innovating for better, healthier food systems that make progress toward Food Equity. He/she/they will develop and manage the organization’s 7-figure pipeline of corporate funding, with the express goal of growing annual revenues into the multiple millions through multi-year partnerships across cause and impact partners. The Director will work with the leadership, the PHA Board of Directors and staff to build and maintain key relationships with external partners, as well as identifying and developing new ones.
The position will join a highly motivated, collaborative PHA team that is based across the country.
- Working directly with the Senior Vice President, Development, to develop a corporate partnerships pipeline that both contributes to Food Equity and grows multi-year, unrestricted and impact funding for PHA into the multiple millions annually.
- Working with a team of experienced account managers, he/she/they will be accountable for corporate account management including deal negotiation, contract development and execution, and negotiating metrics and evaluation that will guide the partnership.
- Build a governance that supports corporate account management using PHA’s Salesforce platform to ensure effective and efficient tracking and moves management.
- Own and continue to develop and iterate on corporate partnership assets, including pitch decks for fundable projects and the organization, benefits, levels and case studies.
- Work with the Senior Vice President, Development to determine the budget for and regularly report on the progress towards fiscal year goals for the corporate partnerships program.
- Represent PHA both in-person and at virtual corporate partner meetings and events as a leader and spokesperson for our Food Equity mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of demonstrated experience identifying, developing, securing, owning and growing corporate accounts.
- Demonstrated ability and experience managing direct reports is desired.
- Results oriented with a track record of success and exceptional problem-solving skills. Able to turn challenges into opportunities and clearly and succinctly define problems and solutions.
- Strategic and innovative thinker who relentlessly seeks new and better solutions and opportunities for PHA to create the greatest issue awareness and impact.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to form new relationships and work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues and external partners at all levels.
- Self-directed with strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan, coordinate and prioritize multiple projects autonomously under tight deadlines.
- Experience with corporate account management in Salesforce is desired.
- Passion for PHA’s work transforming the food system in pursuit of Food Equity.
This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Development.
The salary range for this position is $90,000 to $110,000, commensurate with experience. Partnership for a Healthier America has a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, 401K with an employer match, paid vacation and sick leave, paid time off during the last week of the calendar year, 11 paid Federal holidays, and the ability to work remotely full time.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Director, Corporate Partnerships” in the title.
Partnership for a Healthier America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PHA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, PHA ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.