Communications/Business Development Internship
The Partnership for a Healthier America (PHA) is devoted to working with the private sector to ensure the health of our nation’s youth by helping solve the childhood obesity epidemic within a generation. Founded in 2010 in conjunction with – but independent from –The Former First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! Initiative, PHA is a non-partisan, nonprofit that is led by some of the nation’s most respected health and childhood obesity advocates.
Internship Description: The PHA Communications/Business Development Intern’s primary responsibility is to assist with the design and development of marketing and sales material including pitch decks, infographics and collateral. Other responsibilities may include helping to support the work of PHA partners as well as recruiting new partners, and supporting the 2019 PHA Summit as well as contributing towards other work that helps to raise funds and awareness for the organization.
The goal of PHA’s intern program is to expose interns to current critical issues surrounding childhood obesity. Additionally, interns are introduced to a variety of players in the field through their work and provided opportunities to attend meetings.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design marketing and sales collateral.
- Assist in the development of written and presentation materials.
- Support PHA’s signature marketing campaign, FNV.
- Follow and track news coverage related to PHA and its partners, distribute daily news clips to staff.
- Assist with creating and proofing content for distribution, including, but not limited to press releases, partner communications, email and social content.
- Support outreach for annual Summit.
- Participate in internal strategy brainstorms with PHA staff.
- Provide general administrative support to the teams.
- Current enrollment or completion of associates/bachelors degree in design, marketing, business, communications, public health, or a related field.
- Extensive experience with design software including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Extensive experience with MS Powerpoint, Word, and Excel.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and design work sample (no more than 5 MB) to email@example.com. Include “Communications/Business Development Intern Fall 2019” in the subject line.